View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #20
Mithlas

Default Re: [Social Engineering] "I could bring down your Government with six words."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
At least part of it seemed to me to be Psychology, to set up a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy against someone who showed signs of paranoia. Her downfall was in part due to her wearing herself out in attempts to stave off whatever disaster the Doctor had set up.
That's the closest skill and application I can think of.

To be honest, I think the scene the OP posted looks like a Marty Stu (male version of Mary Sue). A situation that occurred because any other (often more plausible/realistic) play-out of the scenario wouldn't allow the plot to happen. I wouldn't run a game where such a thing were possible, because to actually topple a government takes a LOT more effort than one sentence even if you have the power to show up in a critical point against one crucial person. Granted, TV shows only have so much time and they might not show the hundreds of little manipulations that a regime shift requires.

Might somebody else's game have 30+ skills and such wild results? Sure, the fantastic has its place in some games. Especially if players go through work to set up the right scenarios.
Mithlas is offline   Reply With Quote