View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #35
lachimba

Default Re: Hall of Judgment for the DFRPG: Now LIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbicatus View Post
I appreciate the “less is more” option, especially as if you have a desire to be more complex, you can use GURPS Technical Grappling.
I don't accept that more or less have any necessary connection to simple or complex.

GURPS Martial Arts is a much larger book with many more rules that GURPS Martial Arts Technical Grappling it is also overall less complex.

One thing Martial Arts did (in the techniques section at least) was repeat some of the rules and techniques from Basic Set.

One thing Technical Grappling didn't do was repeat much of the Basic Set and Martial Arts that it replied upon.

Flipping back and forth between books is one thing that makes a system more complex for me.

DFRPG not relying on Basic Set, Magic and so on is one of the things that makes it less complex for me. It also introduced an abundance of small rules changes that usually mean I have to look something up in DFRPG to be sure it hasn't changed, which makes it more difficult when rules are spread out.

It sounds though, that here, the relevant sections of DFRPG Exploits are being worked into the text. That's not as ideal as putting everything into Exploits, but its good not to have to have two books open just to understand something.

Last edited by lachimba; 06-23-2018 at 07:13 PM.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote