View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
CousinX

Default Re: DF: Forgotten Realms Martial-Arts Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
This one I have misgivings about. In MA, there are basically two techniques to reduce the penalty for attacking multiple times in a second. The first is Dual Weapon Attack; the second is Combination. Your "Remise" technique is basically a Combination, but without any restrictions on number of attacks or hit locations, without the target's defense bonus for repeat attacks, and without the extra up-front cost. It seems overpowered (or at least too cheap) in comparison.
Yeah, this is one of the ones I'm still trying to suss out. Here's my thinking:

As a Power-Up, it costs 5 points (1 point for Unique Technique, plus 4 points to buy a Hard technique up to Default+3), and it's only usable on an All-Out or Committed Attack, which come with their own built-in drawbacks ... it can't be combined with a Dual-Weapon Attack, nor with any maneuver, power-up, or technique that's not specifically compatible with an All-Out or Committed Rapid Strike.

That seems more-or-less equivalent to a Dual-Weapon Attack, which is 6 points for the ability to make an extra attack, putting the defender at -1 without the Dual-Weapon Defense technique, and can be used on just about any maneuver that allows an attack -- so long as you don't try to combine it with a Rapid Strike.

That said, I'm definitely open to suggestions ... do you have any ideas on how to fix it?
CousinX is offline   Reply With Quote