View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #150
Racer

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierwulf View Post
I was once tempted to try them in a design but swore them off the night I accidentally got a kill out of what should have been a fairly innocuous head-on collision. 10 dice turned into 20 and the dude with the big-ass laser was dead, much to my surprise.
The best ways I've found to use CA Frames is to design two or more designs that look the same , and have one or more be an Anti Ram design with Roll Cage etc - and give the one with the CA the big guns . Another way is to hit any potential rammers with nasty drop weapons : during one game I watched , a Pick-Up mounting a Ram Plate was totally put off going anywhere near a CA framed Van by TDX Mines , Flame Cloud Gas Streamers and a turreted Spike Gun/HMG combo ( Gunner to Spike Gun , Driver to HMG ) ! Rather nasty if you've only got PR or SBPR Radials !

Since Ram Plate damage was dropped down to 1d+2/1d-1 , I've seen a marked decline in dedicated Ram Cars . In Divisions 30-40 and above they make a reasonable option . On the Road however , it's best on those designs that normally only ever go up light vehicles and Peds . A Road Bike with a CA Frames is okay , as any ram at 55mph+ is likely to kill it anyway .