View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 05:52 AM   #3
Bruno

Default Re: [UT, Pyramid] Cutting-Edge Armor Design and Ultra-Tech Armors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
Next question: In Ultra-Tech the concealable ballistic vests at TL9 are actually inferior to High-Tech's concealable vest (DR 12/4* versus D12/5*, same weight). Sure it states that the major advance at TL9 is limb armour, but the vest shouldn't actually get worse. What would you recommend changing to bring these in line/what am I missing?

Then we've got High-Tech Advanced Body Armor with its DR 35/5*, the 35 applying to everything but crushing. It's heavy sure, but it's concealable, unlike any of the Tactical Vests in Ultra-Tech, and provides more DR. I assume the answer to what's going on here is going to involve trauma plates, as well as a little excessive generosity on the part of the authors when making those stats.
HT was a little generous - specifically, they didn't get into problems of partial coverage of the torso. It's pretty easy to argue that the coverage is actually 5/6 or 4/6, particularly with the trauma plates - some of which might really only cover the Vitals. The Ultratech armor wouldn't suffer from this.

But if you don't want to deal with rolling 1d every time someone gets shot, you're still left with an issue.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote