View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
DwarvenHeart

Default Re: Novice GM running GURP fantasy odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
This seems awfully harsh if the characters don't have easy and cheap access to means to mend these wounds. Critical hits will occur and a PC must be quite powerful (With access to corresponding equipment) to regrow an eye or a hand with the standard Magic rule set.
I can see your point. I believe I'll give the players the choice when something traumatic happens to them whether they would like to spice up their character with a disadvantage and get some points back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD View Post
start small, build outward from there.
Don't worry everyone. That's my plan of attack entirely. Story is my focus, hence the system choice. I hope to guide (but not railroad) my party from lowly fisherman and the like to heroes and adventurers.

You all can stop reminding me to use only what I can handle of the rules. Only one of the 3 combat chapters in the core book will be used in its entirety. The other two will be lucky if I use 3 rules from it.

What I'm curious about is pit falls all of you found when trying out fantasy, or starting GURPS in general? I'll tell you one of mine... (next post)
DwarvenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote