Thread: Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
nanoboy

Default Re: Skills

I didn't mean to take the conversation off-course, but the classic terminology is:

D(ungeon) M(aster) for DnD
G(ame) M(aster) for most other games, including GURPS
S(tory) T(eller) for White Wolf

I think that "Referee" and "Narrator" have been used in other less well-known systems.

As for people being adamant about one system, I am very much a D20-hater. I'll admit to my discriminating tastes. I'll fess up to my spiteful intolerance toward what I believe to be a system that poorly simulates life, is less simple than people tend to give it credit for, and is otherwise unsuitable to my play style. I am confident that I am not alone in this attitude amongst GURPS fans. There are few other systems that suffer from my ire. (I myself am a recovering Rifts player. I now realize the utter crappiness of the Palladium rules-set and do repent on humble knees.)

But then, I am also generally a picky person. I will not drink lowsy beer. Budweiser, Miller, Coors, and the like will not touch my lips. Microbrews and European beers only, thank you. They are simply better. Is it opinion? Yes, but then, I can back it up, though I've gotten off-topic enough as it is.
nanoboy is offline   Reply With Quote