View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #1496
Plane

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Clothing durability is also an issue, I'm sure I've seen videos of street fights where in the process of of grappling a cheap sleeveless shirt (ie "wifebeater") it ends up either tearing or actually coming off (or partially off) accidentally (with neither the attacker or defender necessarily intending for that) in the scrabbling.

Then of course there's also intentional "I'm lifting your shirt overtop your face so you can't see me" move (could be done by grappling the bottom of the top or the back) which blinds someone until they go out of their way to get the shirt off their face (which would be easier using hands, though you might be able to do a hands-free Break Free using neck movements)

If you were doing a "shift grip" from Torso to Neck or Head (face/skull) I think if you were doing some kind of "keeping my grip on your shirt and just sliding it up" kind of move then you should get to ignore control resistace for a bare neck/head because you are basically making it effectively clothed by sliding the shirt overtop of it, like in 2009 and 2016 examples. But the downside to getting this benefit is you are helping them undress so they should be able to escape from wearing the shirt more easily now since it has been moved up (free abdomen to cover neck, free chest to cover head) each step removed should be 1 step easier to escape the shirt entirely.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote