View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Lyzzy

Default Re: most humorous GURPS moments you've had?

Ok, this might seem a bit immature, but that one time, in camp -err in an underground cellar, I had to watch the misery of a character whose player wanted to throw dice on everything. He could've just had a nice half-an-hour with the hot elf NSC he had seduced (after much attempts at anyone female and elven), but nooo, he insisted on measuring his manhood with a HT roll - of course, a critical failure came up. So, later that day he wanted a another go - rolled again - critical failure. Everyone at the table was giggling by now and before he could try out whether I had cursed the dice (it was an open throw) or there was something wrong on his part, the sitting-around-doing-nothing was interrupted by some police guys showing up and demanding papers for the place. The one NSC that set the whole thing up (it was supposed to be a friendly takeover of an abondend place by means of raising the cash and hacking the ownershipdatabase), got outside, lost his temper and hit an officer (because the PC where busy doing other things), after which they came after the rest. The PC, seeing they where in trouble as they had barricaded the only exit to protect themselves from the ghouls in the sewer, thought quick and tried their best to stop the police from kicking down the door between them. They where nearly finished and had already planted the C4 to the barricade whilst the elf nsc hacked the document, as our player from above found a clever solution - "You can't come in, because........BECAUSE WE HAVE HOSTAGES!" after some initial shock, the others rolled with it, some techies got drapped up as hostages, the C4 exploded and the party stormed trough the sewer to freedom. Excluding our hero, who blew his rolls, slipped, held of some SWAT-Members in full armor with nothing but a handheld pistol (the one time he managed to roll a crit he was one point short to penetrate amor), and had to be rescued from his girlfriend. After what has later been described as a very moving szene (it was very close to characterdeath / imprisonment a few times), the two managed to escape, saving each others butts a few times, even though our hero was at 0HP. After they reached the boat to freedom I asked him for an HT check against loss of conciousness, then added the dreaded words "Just think about sex", after which, naturally, he crit-failed and cursed me, as his character suffered a heart attack. They eventually managed to all get away, but the event, along with the line "WE HAVE HOSTAGES" lives on.

Last edited by Lyzzy; 12-03-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Lyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote