View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #5
swordtart

Default Re: Heavy AV Rifle... abuse?

Pickup bed, I'd say logically 4 firers is about the limit, and even though they should have 360 arcs, I wouldn't want to be in one if my buddy on the other side of a moving pickup was firing across the bed and past me to hit someone on the other side. I'd say they would have the fire arc of a sponson unless the vehicle was actually stationary.

Sunroof it depends on the car, in theory any passenger. Consider a pickup, take the roof off and you could have two people standing on the bench seat. If you had a sedan everyone (except the driver) could stand on their seat to fire. Again though, they wouldn't all have 360 arcs of fire as once you put that one person in there the other people will limit LOS.

The trouble is that CW cars don't necessarily look like normal cars. They are probably slab-sided and boxy (as streamlining takes extra space from the body) and the passenger seats could face to the side for all we know. All we do know is the rules say any passenger can fire out of a side arc chosen at design time, so I'd limit yourself to that.

Gang Banger by Swordtart:
Sedan; Extra Heavy chassis; Improved suspension;
Large PP w/PCs, SCs, HTMs;
4 Plasticore tires with 1pt plastic hubs on all wheels and 2 point guards on rear wheels.
Driver w/BA+ABV, Personal Fire Extinguisher.
5xPassenger in single 10pt CA compartment.
192 pts. Sloped Plastic (F: 40 R: 40 L: 40 B: 40 T: 10 U: 20);

Cost: $14,657, Wgt: 6,120,
HC: 2, Top Speed: 97.5 (72.5), Accel: 5 (10).

This doesn't include cost of passenger equipment but 25lb has been allowed per passenger for personal equipment if you use the alt encumbrance rules. If not you have 125lb to use for armour (maybe extend that CA onto the driver as well).

My assumption here is that 1 passenger sits in the front alongside the driver and the other 4 are in 2 rows of seats behind (2 x 2 x 2 if you include the driver) putting three guns out of each side arc if the driver was to fire as well. With un-scoped SMGs or ARs this wouldn't be that expensive and would be pretty effective anti-personnel vehicle/HS nibbler. If you expecting to terrorise a town you might swap out some plastic armour to put three points of metal on the sides and hubs and make it even cheaper. You could toss the plasticores and buy a cheaper lighter type and upgrade the guards in compensation. With ultra cheapo shotguns (with extended magazines) you could bring it in for under $11K and still go pedestrian (or tire) hunting with relative impunity (and it would be more sensible than having the same number of VSGs).

AVR or HAVR is more expensive but allows you to have a pretty effective punch against even decently armoured vehicles, but if your opponents had the same money to spend on a conventional design they would probably be more effective.

Last edited by swordtart; 12-02-2022 at 10:37 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote