View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
AussieGrimm

Default Gear upgrade advice for monks

Hi All,

My friend started playing DFRPG recently (two games in) playing "Glint", a pre-gen monk who favours stealth and stabbing with heavy katars.

At this stage, he's earned a little experience, which I advised him to spend on short sword skill (to get Dex +2 for improved weapon master damage) and parry missile weapons. Longer term, I'd expect he'll probably focus on stealth, weapon skills, and strength upgrades, but is open to suggestions.

I'm kind of at a loss on advice for item upgrades though, so hoping for suggestions/feedback. He's earned about $4K so far, so I was wondering what he should spend money on. Improved weapons seems good (at the cost of weapon bond points), but for DR, what would be good things to aim for without sending his weight limit too high? Our party Mage can keep him magically shielded to improve defence, but the mage isn't as focused on armour spell so that is lacking at times. Are there any items/potions that are obviously good for monks with a weapon focus?

He is fighting with a mage and knight usually, with the odd cheap henchman for shield bearing/loot carrying or light wound healing.
AussieGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote