View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: about aura, emanation, and reality bending

Affliction with Melee, C, Aura, Area Effect, and Advantage (Warp) is the correct way to do it.

Aura makes attacks automatic. There are possibly other ways to do it, but they are hard, convoluted, and expensive. Aura is the proper way to do it.

Auras require Melee, Close on the ability: you cannot add aura to a ranged attack.

What you are thinking of as the 'range' of the aura is actually area effect. Each level doubles (or less) the radius of the aura. So if you want an aura that effects out to 5 yards, you by area effect 3 (which would cover up to 8) and just say it effects out to five instead. Or convince the GM to cut you a deal on the radius (since its really close to 4). Or just go with a 4 yard or 8 yard radius.

Its a feature who gets control of an advantage given with an affliction. In this case the controller is a bunch of dice. The exact pattern is up to you when you build the affliction.

You may also want reduced time on the affliction, as its only going to last for one round. 1/60 is appropriate (-35%), though a case can be made for 1/100 or more as 1 minute is the minimum such an affliction lasts.

If you have access to multiplicative modifiers they are both appropriate and huge cost savers in this build... but you may not have access to them.

For me the tricky part is actually statting the warp: its likely to be quite expensive.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote