View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #46
StevenH

Default Re: Mageborn are like Coins - Worldbuilding TL 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Hi Steven,
Threshing Mills appear to be TL 4 overall. Conceptually, they COULD have been invented earlier, but it appears they didn't show up until after the Feudal age was largely winding down.

Cradle Scythe is also a TL 4 implement, and thus, not operational in this.

OK. So this world somehow managed to follow the same accidental technology pathways that we did, despite entirely different initial states. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
What exists outside the 10 villages. I suppose if one wants to possibly get into the idea of utilizing the idea of a "Town" that these 10 villages support, I've got no objections to that. If you want to go with a town of maybe 1,000 to 3,000 people, we can later on introduce that concept. For now, what I have is focused mostly on the Agricultural life and the medieval life in general.

So, no external threats to Life In SimVillages. We don't need to worry about stockpiling weapons, or training anyone to use them. We can focus our nation's budget solely on farming, internal trade, and trade with The Town. What about taxes? How much of the surplus goods have to go to the Local Lord, and how much goes to the Town Lord? And is there anything above the Town Lord, or is he/she The Ruler? And who pays for infrastructure (roads, bridges, docks, whatever limited healthcare facilities there may be, funerary services, charity, legal institutions, public facilities, etc)?

StevenH

My current worldbuilding project. You can find the Adventure Logs of the campaign here. I try to write them up as narrative prose, with illustrations. As such, they are "embellished" accounts of the play sessions.

Link of the moment: Bestiary of Plants. In a world of mana, plants evolved to use it as an energy source.

It is also the new home of the Alaconius Lectures, a series of essays about the various Colleges of Spells.
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote