View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 06:44 AM   #45
hal

Default Re: Mageborn are like Coins - Worldbuilding TL 3

Where I'm at with coding:

Hi All, status report:

I can now generate all four stats for NPCs. I can generate magery levels based on the 10:1 ratio of lower magery levels vs next highest magery level. I'm seriously considering writing the code so it will handle not just 10:1 ratios, but any whole value ratios you might care to write - 10:1, 8:1, 7:1 or even 3:1.

I can also generate the age of the character. Within less than an hour from now, I plan on adding the ability to foretell the NPC's fated year of death. I'm even considering the idea of turning the year of death into the following format:

999/99 where the first three digits are the julian date of death and the 99 is the age of the character the year of his death. For instance, I could roll 015/51. The NPC will die (if player characters do not intervene) 51 days past his 51st birthday. If you guys want me to toss in a Military time for the character's death, I can add that as well. Simple matter of generating a Fractional day value and conver it to hours and seconds.

So, what say? What would you like?

Also, would it help to give the NPC mageborn actual Names? That wouldn't take all too much work to do either (Which do you want, French or English Names? I only have those two in a complete list).

And finally:

Per GURPS 3e, newly crafted characters should not be able to have more than 2x their age in skill points.

If I generate the age of a character, I would like to propose that the NPC mageborn is entitled to 2 character points per year in spells for every year of age past 12.

Drat - not finally...

How important is the stat "IQ+Magery" to those in this list? Do you want me to put it in the output for ease of reference?
hal is offline   Reply With Quote