View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Spider Climb and Melee attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colarmel View Post
There's nothing in the description about a 3 point stance, or even a 2 point stance, you can walk or crawl. Walking will sometimes mean only one foot on the ground. That said, depending on the ceiling height, I might give the knights of doom a bonus to hit the skull of our daring martial artist.
It is a matter of visualization. Standing around on the ceiling like gravity is reversed for just you, just looks silly. If you want to be all ninja, you get to look like a movie ninja, not like Bugs Bunny.
Quote:
On the other hand: it can be a little obnoxious. If it's a problem, or its destroying the feel of the game; get rid of it, or reduce the price and limit it.
Being all ninja on the ceiling is fine. Reducing the price isn't necessary. Purely from the description, I think that you are definitely fine with saying that sometimes you can walk (for example when walking atop poles) and others you must crawl (such as when clinging to the bottom of a horizontal surface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
I don't see a reason to require three points of contact that aren't described anywhere in the book.
Because the martial artist is supposed to be like a movie version of Hattori Hanzō, or The House of Flying Daggers, not the Roadrunner.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 11-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote