View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Sindri

Default Re: Rapid Fire Houserules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
I'd go with the Ranged Rapid Strike. I don't think deliberately switching aimpoints is simple. Though I'd suggest that it can benefit from Follow-Up Shots if circumstances allow.

If Spraying Fire weren't already problematic, it would be reasonable to use that for playing an automatic weapon across a target. But Spraying Fire just breaks this whole thing the opposite direction.
I don't think it's simple either but I also can't see it being as hard as the combination of switching aimpoints and attacking more as with a melee weapon. Especially when recovering from an attack and switching aimpoints is often harder with a melee weapon then a firearm.

Yeah if you let people using spraying fire for targets on a single person is too much since there wouldn't be any penalty.

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that a good fix would render the Rapid Fire vs. Close Stationary Targets cludge unnecessary. Trying to expand on a special case exception rather than make the whole thing work doesn't seem beneficial.
I'd like that too, but I'll take what I can get.

Quote:
I think, from basic principles, the 1-yard target area thing doesn't actually work either. GURPS rules, if you take your target, double its size, and put it twice as far away, you get the same number of hits, which does make sense, but not if you suppose all those hits are in a 1 hex section of the target.
If you are using the 1 yard target thing then you have to ignore the size of the target in general. Otherwise it makes no sense at all.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote