View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 01:01 AM   #12
Tomsdad

Default Re: Extra Attack (Multi-Strike), Feints, Setup Attacks, Rapid Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
Hmmm... if I can expect to survive multiple attacks, and I can expect my unpenalized Parry to work a good amount of the time, yeah, it's in my best interests to drop my defenses entirely for a turn to reset the penalty. Very good point!
The defender has another option as well, they could decide to do an All out Defence with either 2 rolls (and hope to get a great roll that negates the accumulated pen) or a +2 to their defence roll. Possibly adding a retreat in there as well.

This to me would be someone seeing what's happening and momentarily concentrating on breaking the rhythm their opponent has created.

Another option is to disengage with a move, forcing their opponent to either break their string of set up attacks and not follow, or try and cash in the bonus instead of losing it but on a move and attack.

(Since set up attacks can't lower effective skill below 10 and move and attack can't be above 9, you can't do a Move and attack set up attack, well unless it was a slam I guess).

Depending one comparative move's and reach the attacker might be able to get away with a AoA(L) to keep the set up chain broken

Last edited by Tomsdad; 11-15-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote