View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #37
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Thanks, I will.

I'm also particularly weak on the Lanterns. I'm just not that interested--I skipped the Black Lantern saga, FREX. But they definitely have an important place in the DCU so I'd like to do them justice for this project.
I'd recommend watching the Green Lantern cartoon on Netflix. It only aired one season, but it's a good showing of the Green, Blue, and Red Lanterns, and the Star Sapphires.

It focuses on Hal Jordan, but includes Killowog, Guy Gardner, Sinestro, Ch'p, and Ganthet. It only mentions John Stewart (the GL from the animated JLA/JLU), and neglects Kyle Rayner completely. Sadly, it doesn't include the Sinestro Corps; I had a feeling they were saving that for a second season, should it have been picked up.

As for TPBs, I recommend The Sinestro Corps War, Agent Orange, and Rise of the Red Lanterns. Also, the climax of the Black Lantern Saga, as it showcases all of the Lantern Corps (and some interesting deputizing ... try and guess which rings Scarecrow and Lex Luthor end up with).

There was also a thread for the Green Lanterns a few months back; wouldn't be a bad place to start a search.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-05-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote