View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 08:28 AM   #9
Stormcrow

Default Re: Solo game for five year old

I don't think I've made my inquiry clear enough. I'm not looking for kiddified games, with gingerbread men and magical cats and so on. I appreciate the suggestions, but it's not what I'm aiming for or what he likes.

I want to find something that, say, a 10 or 12 year old would like to play but is still fun with the stabby and shooty things removed. He would like D&D, but I don't want him slaughtering goblins by the dozen. He would like Star Frontiers, but I don't want him mercilessly shooting Sathar agents or fragging them with grenades. These games are fairly strongly oriented toward violence, so finding ways to play them without it is difficult.

A setting like Worminghall is more what I'm looking for, though that setting would be too complicated for him. And he's definitely not into Harry Potter, so turning it in that direction isn't the right move.

Basically, I want a game that isn't childlike sweetness but doesn't have lethal violence at its core. It should have action and not too much talking, though some is fine. It should be playable one on one and probably shouldn't be mission-based.

I'm also not necessarily looking for a published product. If someone has an outline of an idea that might satisfy this, I could work it into a game myself.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote