View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Skarg

Default Re: Bonus Damage for High Strength

I think it is a good idea, but that I advise studying the damages both for high ST and low ST with clubs and weapons (and yes, one-handed versus two-handed weapons), and figuring out how to get values you want.

As published (RAW), there are issues where clubs are as good or even better than weapons both at low ST and at high ST (we had another thread about this a while ago).

And Chris is right that if you make the adjustment too flat, then the two-handed weapons will only be giving +1 which starts to look insignificant.

The other thing I think ought to be done though is define some very-high-ST creatures as having only so much ST for purposes of hitting things. Otherwise their club damage will be evil. That their weapon damage with such a house rule would be even more evil is just a logical consequence, the real root of which is that demons have ST 50 or ST 100, which is ok for their ability to soak damage, but crazy for their ST-based damage.

The table I posted on the previous thread is here, but people tended to balk because it's a table and they didn't read/understand my fairly simple adjustments that led to it.

But for those with advanced study skills, the left section shows the RAW damages, with logic issues highlighted in yellow/orange/red where clubs get as good or better than weapons.

The green section was the result of my (actually fairly simple) suggestions in the other thread, which I don't have time to dig up a link to right now.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote