View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #15
Celjabba

Default Re: The Skills that define a TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Thanks for trying guys but no one appears to have understood what I meant and I can't think of a better way to explain it right now.
If I understand your question,

you are looking for the list of 5 skills that are "most needed" to understand the signature technologies of each TL ?

For TL5, you would for example want everything related to steam technology, ...

And then, give him 2 cp in those 5 skill using 5*2 UT Instaskill Nano, so that he can translate 5 of those cp into buying of one level of Low-TL.

Rince and repeat.

It is a technique that would work within the rules, I guess, and a rather clever way to short-circuit the "lengthy period of re-education" suggested by the rules.

But it depend on various facts:
*That the Instaskill Nano limitation of 2 cp per skill max make a distinction between TL variant.

*That the Instaskill Nano works on the subject, which may or may not be the case, depending on how strictly you interpret the Low-tl disadvantage. "fundamental differences in thinking prevent you from learning IQ-based technological skills above your personal TL"

*And you are assuming that the TL 12 guys would keep a library of lower /TL Instaskill Nano ... which I think unlikely.

If it work (and why not, it is TL12 tech), I would rather give him 20 Instaskill Nano in 10 /TL12 sciences, and have him use those cp instead to buy off low-TL in one big lump.
Unless you expect him to time travel against, why "waste" Instaskill Nano in understanding /TL 9,10,11 version of skills ?

Still, to try to anwer the question, perhaps :
Mathematics(applied)/TL
Physics/TL
Bioengineering/TL
Engineer/TL chosen from: Electronics, Microtechnology, Nanotechnology, ? as they become available
And a second Engineer/TL

Last edited by Celjabba; 10-03-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote