View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 12:56 PM   #7
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: In which I build a Monocrys Tacsuit (Pyramid #3/85: Cutting-Edge Armor Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
The lack of rules for legality seem to be an oversight, which was corrected in the third of the series, Ultra-Tech Armor Design (Pyr. #3-96). It's just a shot paragraph, and says much the same as you'd get from comparing with comparable armour in UT, or using the rules for Control Rating and Legality in Campaigns (B506-507) and asking "Who is this armour intended for?". Such a heavy suit as this would probably be 'military', but the only armour in UT that's LC1 is military powered suits, so I'd give it LC2.

By the way, I think you 'don time' should be 15, not 3 (single-piece, leg and other location, non-flexible), unless they're supposed to be flexible, in which case their don time should be 6.
Thanks, I was unaware of that article.

Yeah, despite being made out of flexible armour, I agree its thickness makes it effectively non-flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
I also agree that max DR should be read as max DR per layer, you can go higher but then get the DX penalty for layering armor.
I like this. Each layer would then apply the associated penalties automatically.

Looking at the layering rules on Basic Set page 286, an inner layer needs to be both flexible and concealable. Looking at the Concealable rules on Pyramid #/85 page 22, armour is only concealable up to one-half of max DR.

That gives us 1 inner layer each time we exceed 0.5 x max DR, or in this case, 3 inner layers and one outer layer.

The armour gives -3 to DX and DX-based skills.

Quick question, though: Does that total to -3 for, say, Broadsword, or -6? I've been thinking -3, but looking at it again, the wording sounds like it might be applied twice: Once to bring DX down by -3, and then an additional time to reduce, in this example, Broadsword by a total of -6?
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote