View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #1460
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
https://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Man%27s_Web-Shooters mentions "After about one to two hours, certain imbibed esters cause the solid form of the web fluid to dissolve into a powder."

To get this with Binding, what approach would be proper?

1) assume 10 seconds based duration (page 101 under "Range, Area, and Duration for Advantages") and take Extended Duration 1000x +120% to get it past 2 hours

2) assume unlimited duration and take Maximum Duration (page 15 of GURPs Power Ups) either "Up to 1 hour -10%" or "Up to 12 hours -5%" ?
Given that the description of Binding states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Set p.40
To simulate vines, webs, and so forth, add one or more of Area Effect (p. 102), Persistent (p. 107), and Wall (p. 109)....
I would assume a 10 second duration and take Persistent and Extended Duration for how long you want it to stick around. That is, if I was approaching it from a simulationist point of view. As a gamist, I'm more of a "it sticks around as long as needed for the plot". No #spideywhities. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote