View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #67
whswhs

Default Re: Sol-1 [Infinite Worlds]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
After a quarter century divergence, there really is no way of telling who would be where though. You can take any yahoo and put them in office, but it is meaningless really because it is just speculation. With that much divergence, anyone's parents could have ended up as President.
Yes, and so your picking those three yahoos, instead of some entirely different ones, unavoidably suggests political sentiments that not everyone in your potential audience can be expected to share. I think that's an artistic weakness. It certainly limits your audience appeal; for me, for one, the fact that I can see an obvious political agenda makes me think that your potential campaign would constantly be pushing political ideas at me that I'm opposed to and would be constantly tempted to argue with, as I am here.

I've succeeded in running a series of campaigns for players who've been loyal, sometimes, for decades, despite their mostly being California progressives who know that I oppose much of what they believe, because I don't push my political sympathies at them. I recommend that practice to GMs.

If you gotta message, call Western Union.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote