View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [DF] Anyone use the In Nomine cosmology for your DF game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
No, I don't have that. I just bought the ethereal players guide and thought it would be a cool background for DF. I have GURPS Cabal and I really like this book too and I think a lot of Cabal could be used with GURPS In Nomine. If I just use the rules from the DF series then I can create dungeon adventures with a higher (or lower) purpose. I really like the idea that the gods of myths are neutral though and can do as they please while angels and demons are bound to a more absolute morality.
It does make for some entertaining storylines, I agree, especially since the "gods" of In Nomine are generally dream spirits who hit the big time -- and now have to constantly maintain their image in the minds of humanity, or else fade away.

(I also agree that it's a natural mix with GURPS Cabal, a different take on secret supernatural fantasy.)

Let me know how the IN/DF experiment works out for you. And if you get interested in trying out the main In Nomine game itself sometime, drop by the IN forum anytime. We're always ready to welcome another player.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote