View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: DFRPG going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilboy View Post

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but going forward how will Dungeon Fantasy be handled? Is it correct to assume that the new box set will become the "core" ruleset, and new DF PDFs will supplement that specifically (page references, etc)
To paste what I said in another thread:

If the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game and the Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen sell well in distribution, and if the Dungeon Fantasy Companion does well in POD, we'll be looking at supporting the game with general releases of further materials. If there's little interest save from Kickstarter backers, we'll have to take a long look at if and how we can support the game, which isn't the same as "we won't" – "with more Kickstarters" is an entirely valid option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilboy View Post

[...] or will it stay with the older GURPS PDF supplements, or a combination of both?
We definitely don't want to confuse the two. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is a proven product . . . click the link and look at how many titles it has. There's no question that we will continue to support it. Indeed, we have yet another supplement for the series in the works right now.

Whatever we do with the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, then, it will be separate from what we do with GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. There's a high level of compatibility between the two, so experienced gamers won't want for material, but we need to be careful not to (1) bewilder less-experienced gamers whose first exposure to GURPS is the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game, or (2) force GURPS Dungeon Fantasy fans to buy a slightly different game if they want continued support. Among other things, that means no cross-referencing.

Obviously, sales could dictate that eventually we support one but not the other, though that would be disappointing. That isn't the case right now, however.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote