Thread: Powerstones
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #45
benz72

Default Re: Powerstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Hal,

I'll agree that if you aren't in danger at all (safe at home), then indeed bless would not negate a critical failure. However, if you were in an environment where there was always a level of possibly immediate danger (like most dungeon crawls), I'd say a strict reading of bless indicates that it does. The spell doesn't say the recipient has to be in immediate danger, only in danger.

Naturally this is subject to GM interpretation, but almost all that I've had experience with rule that in an "adventuring" situation (i.e. not safe at home or in an inn or inside lots or protection), bless certainly does negate criticals against you....at the cost of the bless itself.

-Polaris
Would you accept then that critical failures on cooking, hiking, navigation, merchant, lockpicking and other rolls while adventuring negate the blessing as well even though they do not place you in immediate danger? That seems odd to me and if it were my game "serious danger" would mean that failing this roll is going to cause a sever loss of HP (probably more than 1/2 of what the blessed character had left if I had to set a specific threshold for the sake of consistency).