View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #46
malloyd

Default Re: Altering the Initiative Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
As stated previously, problems occur when the situation turns out like this:

Speed 7.25 Knight: "I Wait until the wizard casts Roundabout, and then hit the monster in the back."
Speed 7 Scout: "I shoot the monster in the eye. It dies."
Speed 6 Wizard: "Well, the thing I was planning to cast Roundabout on is dead... I'll cast a Missile spell and get ready to throw it at the enemy over there next turn."
Knight: "...well, now my turn is wasted. Thanks, Scout."

Bad teamwork? Sure. But should it really result in the Knight losing his turn (instead of being allowed to Move, or take some other useful maneuver since he no longer has an enemy in front of him)?
I'd certainly consider "I Wait until after Wizard acts or get's knocked out of the fight" to meet the specific requirement well enough. Admittedly if Wizard then takes Do Nothing or something, you'd still lose an action, but really holding your turn to later with Wait isn't going to break anything, and in some ways never resolving a Wait *does* - Act, parry, Wait (never triggers), get attacked by guy just before you in the action sequence, can you parry without a multiple parry penalty? Does it depend on the action you *would* have taken if the Wait triggered?