View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 09:18 AM   #202
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
I suppose the knife merchant won't be throwing Julian under the bus. Well, he could but I dunno why. I suppose next thing to happen is the guard'll be looking about why the poles have holes in them like the knives fit in them. Or for that matter why they were moved.
The knife merchant confirms that Julian sold him a bunch of knives... without handles. He asks the guard if Julian stole them. The guard growls "I'm not sure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Sure, I can show you where the Knives and sticks were and where the sticks are now."
The guard says something to a buddy, and then follows Julian, carrying a spear with him and making sure to keep the boy in front.

Quote:
I play dumb about the spears.
"I dunno, maybe they were together, but they looked more like knives and sticks than anything you guys carry. And why does it really matter? The bad guys don't have weapons and I have something to live on if I get hurt."

Julian doesn't think the guard buys his story, but he doesn't question it. "Thanks for showing me this. Tell you what, give me 4 coins and I'll leave you out of my report. Oh, and your pictures."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote