Thread: Card sleeves
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #13
Xzion

Default Re: Card sleeves

I use the standard Mayday games sleeves on all of my decks, which consists of a good 8 or 9 of the base sets plus expansions. I'm rather impressed with the quality of them, even the non-premium ones. I've deliberately stretched/mangled some that were slightly damaged from use, and they are more durable than I would have expected.

They have saved my cards from major damage on quite a few occasions, most impressively when accidentally having fallen on the floor and a chair leg has been set on them. The sleeve was well damaged, but the card suffered no more than a few faint marks.

I opt to keep mine sleeved because I demo with them, so some sets have seen a lot of wear and tear, but only on a rare occasion do I have a sleeve split on me. They do get scuffed up with hard use, but you can still read through them easily enough. One down side is that if they're kept squished snugly in a box, they can stick together a bit, but I find a deliberate spreading of the decks solves that issue. Lastly, their overall dimension tolerances can vary significantly but I have found it doesn't make too much of an issue.

Hope this helps.