View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 AM   #15
thom

Default Re: [MH] Replace RPM with Sorcery (Pyramid 3-63)

Well, I'm considering using PK's excellent Sorcery rules to represent the Humanoid Shaman/Witch Doctors in my fantasy campaign. This would give them a few buff spells (to protect themselves and their chosen allies-like the tribal chieftain), and a few attack spells to keep the troops in line and harm anyone who attacks the tribe. And this would be much less work than trying to build them as full-fledged spellcasters.

To that point, I want them to have a DR or DB buff spell. For this I have:

Armor (4 CP to learn as a spell)
Basic Cost: 19 points.
Casting Roll: None (Innate Attack (Gaze) to aim).
Duration: 60 seconds
Statistics: Affliction 1 (HT; Advantage, Damage Restistance 2, +100%, Costs Fatigue, 1 FP, -5%; Magical, -10%) [19].)

I'm having trouble with the Deflection Bonus Spell however (i.e. a Shield Spell equivalent). I take it there is no cheap way to build such, or PK would have included it in his article. What would the modifier for Enhanced Dodge to only defend against melee (physical attacks) be?

The FP draining attack is fairly straighforward:

Ray of Fatigue (2 CP/level to learn as a spell)
Basic Cost: 9 points/level.
Casting Roll: None (Innate Attack (Beam) to hit).
Duration: Instantaneous.
Statistics: Fatigue Attack (Costs Fatigue, 1 FP, -5%; Magical, -10%) [9/level].

And finally, the Detect Magic ability.

Seek Magic (4 CP to learn as a spell)
Basic Cost: 19 or 24 points.
Casting Roll: Per.
Duration: Instantaneous.
Statistics: Detect Magic (Costs Fatigue, 1 FP, -5%; Magical, -10%; Precise, +100%) [19]. The improved version adds Long-Range 1 (+50%).

And then I need to figure out the Spasm, Hinder, Blur, and Weapon of Fire equivalents to fully round this out.

Am I missing anything with these builds? And thanks PK for another great addition to the rules!
thom is online now   Reply With Quote