View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #7
Varyon

Default Re: Food & other stuff production in a farm

I'm going to take a different track here, mainly because it's something that I've personally wondered for some time and Hide's post implies it's more what he's thinking about - how to represent creatures/characters who are able to produce a commodity naturally. I think I have a solution, because such commodities require work from the character - Tenure. Tenure means you have a job you can essentially pick up at any time to make money from, and cannot be fired from. Now, Tenure more-or-less assumes that you have a job appropriate for your Wealth level, but theoretical maximum silk production from a drider may well outstrip her Wealth. Conversely, the milk production of a minotaur queen (assuming a setting where people consider drinking minotaur milk as acceptable) may be well below her Wealth. One could argue that Only for Determining Job would make sense as a -80% Limitation on Wealth, and Wealth is roughly [10] per +2 SSR, so every +1 SSR to your job's wages is thus worth [1]. So, I'd say every +1 SSR, compared to your current Wealth's typical job, that your Tenured job is is worth a +20% Enhancement, every -1 SSR is a -20% Limitation, for a change of [1] and [-1], respectively. You could give the same trait to a cow to represent its milk production, although running the numbers cows produce somewhere between $13 and $25 per month in milk, which means their ability to produce milk is at best a Perk.