View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Monorey

Default Dungeon Master Munchkin Rules?

Hey guys,

I'm new here, pretty new to Munchkin as well. I apologize if there is a better place for questions/answers/ideas like this one.

I was sitting around talking about Munchkin and fun game mechanics and D&D rules and all that ... and I got to thinking that you could do a pseudo D&D style game with Munchkin!

Something along the lines of having one player be the DM the rest can party up or go solo if they wish. The DM get dealt the door cards and plays them as they see fit in order to stop the other players. Maybe the number of cards he can play will be a die roll modified by the number of players.

Once the players defeat the monsters, they can loot the room and split the spoils as they see fit. I was thinking of having some kind of rule where the party can somehow "sacrifice" one of their members (thus keeping with the Munchkin theme of attempting to screw with your friends).

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone already tried this out and came up with a rule set for something along these lines. If they did, how did it work out? If not, who wants to help me try to hammer out the details (number of cards per player, amount of monsters to put in play, what happens when a player dies, etc)?
Monorey is offline   Reply With Quote