View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #25
Skarg

Default Re: Speed of animals. Most are too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
I think that what would be the simplest solution is to bump the faster animal's MA up by 4 or 6 points, so that they can still go into HTH with people with Running or elves with Running talent.
Yeah, that was my first thought, too. Having known that bears in particular were too slow even when we were kids, I remember we talked about it and thought maybe SJ thought this was just how he wanted bears to play, not their actual speed? It's a pretty widespread meme over the last 10+ years though that no one can out-run a bear.

Quote:
In my campaign, I allow a "last second twist", at the end of movement. People who do this, get a -2 DX for the rest of the turn.
Yeah, some rule adjustment like that would go a long way to handle weird-seeming high-MA run-around situations. I like that you have some effect still there though, so it's still worthwhile to circle around someone, but also doesn't feel like you're frozen in place because it's not your turn and the foe has high MA.

Quote:
My dragons are not pinned by hobgoblins as much as regular TFT, because the dragon can say, "You don't engage me", and move away from some or all of them during movement. (They get free attacks on the dragon as it leaves, but what is a ST 7 hobgoblin going to do vs. the Dragon's 5 point armor?)
Again, yes, I quite prefer this sort of house rule, too.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote