View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #33
Maximum7

Default Re: Why can’t these things be done in Star Wars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
That doesn't actually answer the questions, though. I like both, too, but I don't look for ways to make SW more like ST, or vice verse, nor either more like B5. I didn't ask which you liked, but which you'd rather game in?

That said, I personally would much rather game in SW than ST. I've tried gaming in both, and found SW more my gaming speed than ST. I'd much rather be a plucky rebel computer-security systems slicer in a starfighter squadron than an exploration cruiser's science or engineering officer. It may be that ST is more your speed, and that's okay, too.
I see where you’re coming from. Someone suggested I RPG Star Trek but I’m more drawn to Star Wars. It had a huge influence on me as a child due to the action; something Star Trek lacked. I still liked watching it though.

From 2008-2010, I was obsessed with the possible applications of the Force so I was very much in sync with the primarily fantasy aspect. However in 2011, I became fascinated with futuristic science and for the last 3 years; I’ve become obsessed with integrating science into Star Wars. I know it’s a poor fit but it’s hard to stop my obsession. I’m currently on the highest level of psychiatric medicine for OCD which I was diagnosed with in 2012. So this is almost 9 years of manic behavior.
Maximum7 is offline   Reply With Quote