View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #36
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Minis Set 3+ Wish List

I've been really, really torn on this since the thread started. And honestly, during the Set 2 campaign as well.

Full disclosure, count me in as one that would go "Too Many Minis" in a heartbeat for a NAC conventional / PEC Ogres set. The question is when to fit them in the sequence. Do we go for the more niche figures to "complete" the PEC conventionals first, and risk that it doesn't turn the numbers to justify continuing to make sets? Do we go for the more commonly-used figures and hope there's enough people who are willing to stump up the green to not have to rely on different plastic/paint colors?

The reasoning behind both approaches is sound, and it's not something I have a good answer to...so instead I'm gonna fawn a little bit and see if maybe we capture imaginations. I can only imagine how far we can push this.

- Yes, I would like to see PEC defenders finished, and the same for NAC Ogres.
- I would like to see NAC defenders, and PEC Ogres...how cool is it going to be to finally have official art, sculpts, and minis of Pikeman, Legionnaire, and Huscarl? Technically I *could* make them by buying a ton of the black Mk.III and Mk.V and busting out the Green Stuff, but official would be even better.
- I would love for us to keep up the momentum so long SJG decides to expand the universe even further, creating art and sculpts and minis for Nihon conventional units, the boats, and their cybertanks.
- The same can be said for creating art and sculpts and minis for what the AIs behind Nightfall decided were ways to 'improve' on the designs their factories originally made.
- The same can ALSO be said for taking Ogrethulhu from the 'core' units to a 'complete' faction.

I am one of the few, the proud, the nuts enough to look forward to completely, totally, and flatly dwarfing ODE with the pile of stuff I can bring to bear on a poor, unsuspecting convention.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote