View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #15
Set

Default Re: The guide to throat slitting (or sentry removal, for the gentlemen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Hello welcome to the boards!
Thank you!

Quote:
This is actually a subject that has come up a few time so for some alternative takes on this you might start

here

and

here
Indeed I've read quite a few of those threads, and pulled many suggestions from them. I wanted to create a thread that says right on the OP what you need to do.

Quote:
Right OK on to the suggestion. I think your right a telegraphic All out Attack including a combo will do the trick nicely here.

I wouldn't worry about invoking tip slashes. It's not what you really doing here, you're just sawing away at this chap's neck with a blade that already in there. Not trying to catch him with the very end of your swinging blade.
True enough, but I'd say that it isn't exactly a swing either. Tip Slash is the official rule that is the closest to this, I think. Maybe a less severe damage penalty? Maybe only -1, since your dagger is quite deep in the unfornate person's throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The gentlemanly thing to do is announce yourself and give the man time to prepare to defend himself. Skulking is for cowards (and people who want to live more than they want to be gentlemen).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
That really only applies if the sentry is also a gentleman, and would a gentleman be on sentry duty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Also the OP is a heck of a lot of text for something that is pretty simple in reality, no wonder people think GURPS is too complicated. You could have written all of the key points there (the combination, and the grab and smash) in less than a hundred words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
It wouldn't be GURPS if we didn't use a hundred words where ten would do. Logorhea seems ingrained in the system culture.
That is true. I will make a "Short Version" and edit it to the OP, specifying the calculated costs.

The Logorrhea version will still be up if people want to know where the hell that is coming from.
Set is offline   Reply With Quote