View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #4282
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae watches this stunned. This is the dance area, cars are not allowed to avoid damage. But more than that, all of the cars here have to be registered. She is angry, but worried. A violation like this can carry some heavy penalties. The kind of penalties that start fights. Maybe even cause deaths.

Well...if Sunae has her way, it surely will..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Galen's a little concerned. There shouldn't be noises like that here.

The guy riding the roof of his car, though, that's where things get weird. He definitely heard it and is looking around, more curious than alarmed, until the car jolts underneath him. The thing is, the car tries to jolt in two opposite directions, left and right, as though the front wheels were trying to get away from each other. The man on the back holds the rope tightly and murmurs comforting words in a language only Glen seems to understand.

Glen "Easy there, easy" in old Greek.

"Apollo?" There's a hint of fear in Corat's voice.

"No," Ryuki answers drolly. "A slightly off-Broadway Phaeton. Or at least I hope so, because Doug Hara was a lot more watchable than this guy."

{{I saw this play years ago in L.A. and it made quite the impression. hopefully the link works ))
Ryuki elbows Kane. "I figure Phaeton is the diversion, not the main event. Can you and Glen persuade the Huntsman to come chat with us?"

Meanwhile Sunae's car girl friends, lacking a familiar DJ to lead them, look to her for directions on how to eject the reckless idiot before his car actually injures someone.