View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #28
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#42): Doesn't Sleep, Less Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I've done black and white dreams before. And I've had color dreams. The black and white ones were generally lucid.

I've never heard the myth that you can't see colors in your dreams before. In fact, most people upon hearing that I dreamed in black and white almost exclusively for part of my life expressed surprise.
I have heard the black & white myth before; I don't feel like looking up citations, but the short version is there may have been an increase in black & white dreams due to black & white films and/or television. Basically, people would "dream in TV".

Considering I've had dreams that were essentially cartoons, video games, text (like a book), following GURPS rules, etc. I am inclined to believe it. On a related note, I've died in my dreams before; one followed the video game example. Before that point it wasn't a video game, just some kind of action movie, and even though I don't play a lot of first- or third-person shooters, when I suddenly got shot and died, I just held on that screen while the action continued to play out around me, such as in some of those kinds of video games. XP
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote