View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #232
Greg 1

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

In about two weeks, it's possible that I'll be looking to set up an open-ended GURPS Dungeon Fantasy campaign.

The thing is, the point of running the game is to have a game for my niece, a young adult just starting university, and her mother, who has no great love of RPGs, but likes to play with her daughter (and vice versa).

So if I go ahead, the set-up will be determined by what they want to do. They'll also get first pick of character classes and niches. That does not mean that I'll be playing favorites towards their characters in the game. You don't have to worry about them being the GM's pet PCs. But it does mean that the parameters of the game will be set by them.

Party morality will be important to keep an eye on. I expect them to want to play characters who are fundamentally decent rogues (not the character class!). That is to say, they'll happily rob an inn, but wouldn't murder the guests in their sleep, and may or may not decide to help out a stranger in trouble. If that's what they decide to go for, other PCs will need to be able to fit in with such characters.

Evil PCs are right out. There will also be no demonologist or necromancer PCs.

The game may or may not happen. I thought my niece had given up on the idea, but then she mentioned it again the other day.

The are to be no sexual situations. Language is to be PG.

If you are interested or have questions, post to the thread at

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...mpaign.845353/

or post to my RPGnet Inbox. My inbox here is too full and I need to clear it!
Greg 1 is online now   Reply With Quote