View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #41
Skarg

Default Re: IQ attribute increase and talent/spell

Quote:
Originally Posted by platimus View Post
Maybe I have a different copy of the rules but 500XP will only give you 3 points of attributes: 33rd - 100XP, 34th - 100XP, 35th - 200XP = 400XP. 36th - 300XP.
You didn't add up Pudork's attributes. He's a 29-point peasant. His next 5 attributes will all only cost 100 XP each, RAW.

Quote:
As far as not being any better than he was before, that's very subjective but begs the question: Why did you want to train him in Shield usage to begin with? Did the drill sergeant have a quota to meet?
Well you can check the melee simulator stats if you don't want to take my word for it, but 2-handed spear versus spear & shield isn't much of an improvement.

One typical reason would be that armies like standardized equipment rather than irregulars, and/or for group tactics. But hopefully you'll see they'd be foolish to prefer a 29-point spearman with a shield to a 35-point polearm user without a shield.

Quote:
Sounds kinda like our universe to me. And I consider our universe to be the most realistic to date.
Only if you ignore the massive proportions involved.

Quote:
Norris was smarter. He picked up his lessons faster than his brothers so his daddy was able to teach him more of his wizardly ways.

Is this a trick question?

How do those darn wizards work their magic? LOL
And we're back to "I'm not really out to change your mind."
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote