Thread: Midville maps
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #11
swordtart

Default Re: Midville maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
I've always been a big fan of the "Flaming Idiots" scenario; that one never took much longer than an ordinary arena duel, even with the "police involvement" option. "Crusaders" can be a bit long, if the Cyclist player tries to use conventional tactics; mine usually involved FOGs en-masse to score points for property destruction (how many MONDOs have fire extinguishers?). Now, if one wants a stone-cold nightmare of a scenario, try "Nightsword" with "O'Sea is at home"....
I always assumed that buildings were fireproof by default (unless you got inside one), after all the road doesn't take damage from incendiary weapons.

I found regular arena duels lasted 10-15 seconds and 4-6 hours to resolve them. That was in the days of 10 phase movement though. We also used "normal" cars rather than eggshells armed with hammers so it took a good few hits to start having an effect (and often devolved into a few cars pivoting at 5 whilst other cars were bombing round at 40-60).

If we had stuck at it we could have got more efficient, but we usually had a high turn over of players because it all "took too long".

To be fair we probably spent an hour just correcting designs.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote