View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #22
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Autoduel the PC Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
I'm still waiting for "robots" with cameras, sensors, and laser pointers that can referee actual tactile board games.

They can remind you of rules, correct your mistakes, and provide accurate data such as line-of-sight, ranges, and probabilities.
Well, to respond your post after this one, as a former amateur roboticist, I think something on treads or wheels with a combination of sonic, photo and laser sensors could correlate distances. Linked to a library of a machine version of the rules, you might have your rob / droid roaming the game map. Something the size of a wallet, maybe.

Such a little guy could double check movement, correct small inaccuracies from players moving their minis on the map (more often than not its accidental, but you could catch the occasional cheater).

For Car Wars though … eh, CW, to me at least, unless you're in one of those legendary arguments over rules (as so often happened …. *sigh*, I really DON'T miss those), I'm not sure such a little guy would be helpful. It's just my opinion, but unlike a fantasy mini game or a hard core warsims where every fraction of distance counts, CW doesn't have a lot of playing pieces in mini format.

But, that's getting off topic. I'd still love to see a regular top down version of the old school game graphics put into computer format.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote