View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #12
43Supporter

Default Re: Stagnation in Road Combat Designs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
Yeah, you need custom road sections. Roads through ruined cities, vehicle graveyards, forests, badlands... allow bandits from off-road to attack from the side and you solve your front-back only problem.
Not really -- the guys on the side of the road are dealing with full speed targeting-mods; and if the convoy is anything like the ones I was familiar with: They're doing at least 60, and ain't stopping for love or money. So the guys on the side of the road get maybe one shot; unless they're using "Katyushas"[1], aiming for tires, and are *very* lucky, there's no way they're going to be able to stop anyone in one shot. The defenders can defeat this with basic smokescreens side-mounted, and maybe some turreted guns for suppressive fire[2].

[1: Heavy Cycle, four HRs forward -- remember: Cycles don't fall under 1/3-spaces; Heavy Sidecar, three HRs forward; rockets linked or smart-linked, depending on which edition rules one is using.]

[2: For my convoys, Universal Turrets, for dealing with airborne or other high-mounted threats.]

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote