View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:15 AM   #3
JLV

Default Re: TFT Status Report from BGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
I notice something is missing from Phil's thoughts about future TFT products - solitaire modules in the old style. Just like the Death Test reissue, with a booklet and counters, and possibly a map and cards as well.

Perhaps the development costs are a bit high compared to other products? Or maybe the right author is hard to find. At any rate, I hope we see something like that in the future.
I think there was a certain amount of "negativity" towards this idea last year prior to the Legacy Kickstarter on the part of some of the then-frequent posters here, which might be why it kind of dropped off the radar screen. Personally, I would LOVE to see some more "microquests" see the light of day; especially since, at the very end there, Metagaming was starting to move towards a higher re-play value concept of how to put those things together. I suspect that if Steve or Guy or someone sat down and actually spent a couple of days thinking about the problem (probably pretty hard to find the time to do that, however, with all the balls in the air over at SJG), they would do a superior job of developing that process nowadays.

So yeah, bottom line: I would fully encourage SJG to consider doing some Microquest type "solos" adventures too. I'd certainly go for them.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote