View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #103
Durick

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I'm not sure what "Restore One Arm or Restore One Leg" is as a advantage
This was my poor nomenclature for buying off the One Arm or One Leg (depending on which was lost) disadvantage that the dismemberment caused. I thought this would be required per this section of Th:RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th:RPM Page 17
[A spell] that adds or improves advantages, reduces or removes disadvantages, or increases attributes or characteristics adds +1 energy for every 1 character point added
Your regeneration vs. healing explanation and blog post (thanks for the link Kalzazz) make it pretty clear, I think. If you can do something in a roundabout way with an Altered Trait or directly with a spell effect... choose the spell effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
It also runs the risk of you encountering another caster and them dispelling it midway or you using another Restore Body effect and killing it that way.
The idea of this made me laugh as I hadn't considered it. Would kinda be worth the looks on my friends' faces when an opposing mage pops out of the bushes and halts the leg regeneration at mid-calf (guess what you get to cast again!). However, I'm also trying to sell them on this magic system and GURPS in general, so I probably won't be doing that.

Thanks for the feedback, this is my first post of substance on this forum (been lurking for a while) and this was just as helpful as I've read for others time and time again.
Durick is offline   Reply With Quote