View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #68
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

I am looking to start a Space campaign. The basic premise is that mankind has just barely figured out a FTL drive, and the characters will be on the first ship to explore other star systems. This campaign should be able to handle any sane number of players, and each player will have the option of playing both a high ranking character and a separate "front line character". The players will affect the course of the world by the decisions they make when they meet other civilizations.

The campaign should have the following:
  • Moderate TL9/10. Somewhat safetech: cybernetics and genetic manipulation are a big deal, and nanotech requires sensitive conditions. There is no AI, and hooking your brain to electronics is beyond a career choice.
  • Aliens are promised! These will be quite alien, and will require both diplomacy and combat.
  • No psionics, nor magic other than a FTL warp drive. sorry.
  • Lots of time in space. Teams will only rarely land on planets, though astroid and comet landings may be common
  • Lots of Space Junk: this version of space is full of stuff we can't see. There will be a lot of that.

While I own UltraTech and BioTech, these are not primary sources for the campaign, and not necessary (We'll be using tech with finer detail in one spot). Space is nice, and some characters ought to have spaceships, but all that is really needed is The basic set.

Players can be any Character that would be found on the ship. The following are suggestions and character that will exist, PC or not:

Ship's Captain (jurisdiction over the ship itself)
Chief Navigator
Military Chief (they have one, fluff him as you will)
Outpost director (leads those who will be establishing a post at alpha centari)
Chief of Mining (associated with the outpost)
Head of Engineering
Resident Full Cyborg (essentially no body, can use drones to "act" and can quickly acquire temporary skills. Only a few on board).

if you want to be someone else, thats good too.

Those wishing to join should send me a PM. Also, if there is an aspect of the campaign that is keeping you from joining, let me know.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote