View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Call for Playtesters: GURPS Infinite Worlds: The Atom Skerry

Hey, kids! Want to build a nuclear reactor at home? Here's your chance! We're seeking playtesters for GURPS Infinite Worlds: The Atom Skerry, by Matt Wehmeier. This 30-odd-page supplement describes a collection of timelines featuring UFOs, atomic monsters, mutants, and space-age tech.

Familiarity with GURPS Infinite Worlds would be nice . . . but working knowledge of GURPS Atomic Horror is almost essential. Given the subject matter, it wouldn't hurt to have GURPS Disasters: Meltdown and Fallout on hand, too, along with GURPS Ultra-Tech to check that the tech is sufficiently shiny. However, this supplement is light on "crunch" and heavy on flavor – and we always value fresh perspectives – so any GURPS player is welcome to apply.

The playtest is currently scheduled to run for about two weeks, from Halloween (October 31, 2022) to the anniversary of Khrushchev's "shooting match" challenge (November 15, 2022). Please submit your application ASAP.

Preferential playtest slots will be given to those who have spent at least $50 on PDFs from Warehouse 23 in the past calendar year, though this is not a requirement. For more, see the general playtest information page.

Prospective playtesters should email Roger Burton West at pt-iw-atomskerry@firedrake.org with [playtest] in the subject. Include your preferred email address for the closed playtest mailing list, your name as you wish it to appear in the published supplement, your Warehouse 23 login name, and a few words on why we should pick you: qualifications, experience, current gaming group(s), etc. Please use this format:

Code:
509th@roswellaaf.mil
Paul Tibbets
somepunkins

I've been a fan of GURPS since the beginning, and I'm familiar with all relevant supplements. In fact, I've run many a GURPS Atomic Horror campaign! I'm a huge fan of the genre in general, I'm one of the organizers of Atomic-Con, and my grandfather served in the USAAF during WWII and told me lots of interesting stories.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote