View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
vierasmarius

Default Re: Reign of Steel - Will to Live: Are DR values too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
No, I figured in the effect of RAP as featuired in UT. That defense is more intended to helpt handle small caliber HEMP rounds than dedicated anti-tank rounds.
I think I've found the disconnect. You're assuming that the damage from the tandem warheads are added together to overcome armor. This is usually the case, except when Explosive Reactive Armor (such as the TL10 RAP) is present. If there is ERA, the first warhead detonates it allowing the second warhead to pass through unopposed. In this case, the first warhead (6dx3(10)) faces the full combination of EMA + Laminate + RAP, an effective DR 260 vs the damage of 63. The second warhead (6dx11(10)) only faces the EMA + Laminate armor, DR 240 vs damage 231. The missile will probably be repelled, but it will use up one charge of the RAP, and two charges of EMA.

I'm actually skeptical of the rule that the tandem warheads should ever act as one. This style of warhead is specifically designed to counter RAP, yet the rules make it actually more effective if there is no RAP. I'd probably houserule it to always be treated as separate explosives. But either way, a single Javelin would be unlikely to penetrate this warbot if it's reinforced with EMA and RAP.

Last edited by vierasmarius; 02-26-2012 at 09:40 PM.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote