View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
Varyon

Default Re: Wall Innate Attack - Encase the target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
I'd actually disagree, at least partially. While you can't use Innate Attack with Wall to hold someone immobile (that is, indeed, the realm of Binding), I don't see why you couldn't use a Wall to create a sphere with a person inside. They'd be able to move about within the sphere, attack it, and so forth, but the Wall can be created enclosing them, at least.
I may have been too hasty - I simply assumed the intent was to create an effect to bind the foe, in which case Binding is the way to go, but walling someone in should probably be an option as well. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere in the books that defines the height of a Wall created by IA, if stacking is an option, or if you can do a scheme to place a Wall suspended between other Walls. Going with how GURPS often works, I'll assume 4-yard tall Walls (4 yards is the height of a standard hex; no, I don't get it either).

Basically, what you'll need is to have the +60% version of Wall (the +30% one probably just lets you build a straight one that's only 4 yards tall), then fill up each hex surrounding the target. You'll stack another Wall on top of those, then fill the area between. Note this creates a dome, not a sphere - you'd have to create the Wall in the ground, which I don't think is an option.